About Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Metro
For 35 years, RMHC New York Metro and our cornerstone program, Ronald McDonald House in New Hyde Park, have been creating communities of support to keep families together and near the medical care their ill or injured children need, when they need it most.
Over the years, and only because of the generosity of donors who have supported our cause, we have evolved. We continue to develop programs to meet families’ needs as they face the medical uncertainty and financial stress of caring for their children. Today, RMHC New York Metro serves children throughout Long Island and the greater New York metro area through the operation and financial support of several RMHC programs.
A world where all children have access to the medical care they need, and their families are fully supported and actively involved in their children’s care.
Build a community of compassionate care by creating and supporting programs that directly improve the health and well-being of sick children and their families.
We believe in:
- Addressing the critical needs of children and their families.
- Providing compassionate care and communities of support.
- Welcoming and celebrating the diversity of our community and families we serve.
- Stewarding our donor’s investment with accountability and transparency.
2019–2020 impact goals
Thousands of families travel to New York each year to find the best doctors to treat their sick children. With your help, we will achieve more for the families that rely on us:
- Provide 6,000 families with a home to live in just steps from their children’s bedside (that’s 1,500 more than last year).
- Serve 15,000 more meals and snacks to families so they have the food they need to stay strong. That means we will serve 130,920 meals to families caring for their sick child.
- Save families $375 per night in lodging and meal expenses.
- Give parents six more hours together with their sick children by eliminating the long commute from their home, having meals ready-made and providing family spaces and activities they can enjoy.
- Launch our campaign to build a new 20-bedroom Ronald McDonald House in Suffolk County.