MEALS FROM THE HEART BRUNCH/DINNER PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in our “Meals from the Heart” Brunch/Dinner Program. The Meals from the Heart program gives local businesses, community organizations, church groups, schools and families, etc., the opportunity to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Metro by planning and preparing a brunch or dinner meal for our resident families. Once you reserve a date to cook brunch or dinner at the House, our families will be counting on you to provide a delicious meal to sustain them while they are dealing with having a sick child being treated in a local hospital. Your generous spirit helps to keep them pushing forward through difficult times.
It is imperative that you read the “Meals from the Heart” Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions documents before reserving a date to cook at the House. The documents contain essential general information about the House and information specific to your meal preparation.
- Please do not reserve a date on the calendar to cook until you are certain your group is ready to make this commitment.
- You are responsible for planning your menu and purchasing all required ingredients. In order to insure safety from possible food contamination, all items must be prepared on our premises. No items may be prepped or cooked at home and brought to the House. Utensils, bowls, pots, and pans are available for your use in our kitchen.
- Groups are limited to a total of 12 participants. If your group totals more than 12 people, you will need to split the group and schedule two dates. Volunteers to cook a meal at the House must be over the age of 16 years old.
- Please arrive at your scheduled tour/cooking time. Should you arrive earlier than your scheduled time, you may be asked to wait until the kitchen area is ready for use. Your kitchen time is limited to two and one-half (2 ½) hours, including preparation, cooking, and clean-up. Please plan to prepare items that can be completed within the allotted time.
- Participants are required to wear disposable gloves, provided by RMHLI. Long hair must be tied back.
- If a scheduling conflict arises and you need to cancel your cooking date, you must cancel online at least 30 days prior to your reservation, using the link in your confirmation email. In addition, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, notifying us directly of your cancellation.
- Please Note: If you cancel your reserved date with less than 30 days’ notice, you are responsible for catering food for the meal from a restaurant for our families. We will be happy to provide a list of restaurants that have provided meals for the House in the past. Upon cancellation, you are required to email us at email@example.com with the name and contact telephone number of the restaurant that will be providing the food to the House on your behalf.