Meals from the Heart Program
Before you come…
- Maximum of 6 people (16 and over)
- State Issued ID is needed for every member of your group
- ID will be scanned to enter the building, no exceptions can be made for any adults (individuals 18 and over)
- Please let us know what you will be making at least two days before your scheduled date so we can inform the residents of the delicious menu that is being provided. At this time, we will provide you with an approximate headcount of families to use for your shopping list needs (don’t forget your containers)
While you’re here…
- Mask and gloves must be worn at all times (PPE can be provided to you if needed)
- To keep everyone safe, please remember to keep socially distanced from the resident families. Your group will have full access to one kitchen area (4 stations), use of our common pantry and bathrooms. Groups are asked to stay in the kitchen for the duration of their visit.
- Hair must be covered or pulled back at all times while cooking and serving food
- After cooking the meal, we ask that you pack individual meals for the families and let staff know when you are done
- Please clean up the kitchen area and all kitchen items and surfaces used before completing your day of service
We’d love to hear all about it…
- Please share your photos and experience with us!
- Tag us on your social media – #RMHCNYM
- Send an email, photo, or video to Deepika at [email protected] sharing a little about your experience
What should I bring?
Please remember to bring all of your ingredients for the meal you are preparing, including spices and oil. We also ask that you supply containers for the meals to be individually packed.
How many people can we have in our group?
We are happily welcoming groups of up to six participants. All must be 16 years of age or older and a state-issued ID is required to enter our building.
How many people am I cooking for?
As of right now, we average about 40-50 meals a night. We will confirm with you 2 days before your scheduled cooking date to give the actual headcount.
How are meals served?
With COVID safety restrictions each meal must be individually packed, and we ask groups to place the packed meals in our common refrigerator.
What do I do after I cook?
We ask that volunteers clean the kitchen area and let the staff know when you are finished. A staff member or RMH kitchen volunteer will distribute the meals to the families.
Can I cook at home and bring it to the House?
No, we ask that all food is prepared and cooked onsite.
Do I need to bring in my own pots and pans?
No, we have a fully stocked kitchen that you are welcome to use.